i'm not good at this...
working night shift...
working against the biological clock...
i'm a real sucker.
i yawned through client meeting last night...
my boss gave me some serious that better be your last yawn looks.
it's no fun working when most people are asleep,
and sleep when the rest of the world is awake!
i had the toughest time staying alert at work...
got lost toggling between my computer screens a few times...
i pulled up one application, stopped
and stared at it for a long time...
cause i forgot what i was looking for...
what i needed from there.
the office is more quiet and peaceful
i love that...
yet i can't help but wish
for this ordeal of three months night shift to end!
i'm trying to do better...honestly.
i hope to do better.
i think i can... i believe i can...
because...
I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. ~ Philippians 4:13
p.s: i lost many comments... i don't know if it happens to y'all too. but it happened a few times for me. i don't want to be a rude blogger who doesn't return a favour. if you have left me some sweet words and they are not published please don't mind. i couldn't figure out how it happens. i hope blogger fixes this SOON!!
thanks for visiting me!!
Good Morning Ruth, I think many of us lost comments yesterday but everything seems back to normal today. Hoping you get some well deserved rest.
ReplyDeletehi Ruth! thanks for dropping by my site. it's very much appreciated.
ReplyDeleteI can relate to your post because when I was still single I worked night shift for almost six months. the only good I got from it was I lost so much weight.
I've never had to work night shift so I can't say that I know how you feel...but I know you will get through this and get used to it! You are such a strong girl. :)
ReplyDeleteI've never had to work night shift so I can't say that I know how you feel...but I know you will get through this and get used to it! You are such a strong girl. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure I could do night shift.. sounds very rough! Hope your 3 months goes by quickly for you!!
ReplyDeleteI lost comments yesterday, but they are all back up today. Hopefully they will fix yours soon ;)
I know how you feel! Good thing it is only for a set time and not forever.
ReplyDeleteI lost some comments too but most of them are back today! I hope they came back for you too!
oh must be hard for you..try sipping coffee or red bull or something..i have heard that espresso really works :)
ReplyDeleteand rest well
http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com/
oh must be hard for you..try sipping coffee or red bull or something..i have heard that espresso really works :)
ReplyDeleteand rest well
http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com/
Hey there!! I lost comments too and as I go around other blogs, they seem to have the same trouble!
ReplyDeletehi ruth! that sucks you have to work the night shift! i cant imagine! i think i would have to drink coffee all night long! hope you have a great week!
ReplyDeleteHey Ruth, Blogger had some trouble the past few days. We all had problems with comments. The night shift is tough! You can do it though, because you are a strong woman. I wish you well.
ReplyDeleteMama Hen
Hello, thanks for the follow. I am following you back now :o) I would have a hard time with night shift, especially the last little bit. I wish you luck!
ReplyDeletewww.wishnonstars.com
Hi! I'm following from Keeping Company Thursday! Love the blog and would love a follow when you have a spare moment. I sympathise with your night shift woes - I am a night person working during the day.
ReplyDeleteYou know losing comments could be really bad if you do giveaways (which I do) - how do you know if you lost comments?
Tina "The Book Lady"
http://www.familyliteracyandyou.blogspot.com
http://www.givingnsharing.blogspot.com
I'm your newest follower from Social Parade! =)
ReplyDeleteBlogger lost my comments earlier this week too, but thankfully they are back now!
Thanks for following! Looking forward to following everything you have! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeletetynebodennecklaces.blogspot.com
Newest follower from the social parade :)
ReplyDeleteohnoessockmonkeys.blogspot.com
Night shift is the pits! I can never motivate myself to go to work in the afternoon, it just doesn't feel right!! :) Hazel
ReplyDeleteThe night shift is never fun! Hopefully it will be over soon! New follower from Friendly Friday!
ReplyDeletehttp://floridahoganfamily.blogspot.com/
Hope you are having a GREAT Friday. I am here to follow you from Follow Friday. Hope you can follow me also.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I am also having an apron giveaway on my blog right now. I do an APRON GIVEAWAY once a month, Hope you can enter. Terry
My mom worked the "grave yard" shift as a nurse. I don't know how she ever did it!
ReplyDeleteI never liked working night shift. You get disorientated about what day and time it is...It will soon be over. Some people actually prefer it. I liked the days and the hustle and bustle.
ReplyDeleteStill, when you retire all thats behind you so enjoy and savour the moment. God bless you.
Sweets, too bad about the night shift. i feel bad for ya... but know wat? we can catch up on weekends when you are awake at night...:)
ReplyDeleteThank you for stopping by my site! Ugh on the dropping comments. Mine did that for about a day or so, but then they came back. :D Following you now. :D
ReplyDeleteyeesh, this sounds like me this morning! i can't imagine having to do those hours..i had to give a presentation this morning and it was 2.5 hours earlier than my usual work day begins. i'm feeling it already!
ReplyDeletei'm so glad you stopped by the cape on the corner, and i hope to see you again. have a great weekend!