7.03.2010

God's perfect time

The story of Joseph, the son of Jacob is one of my favourite stories from the Bible. Last night, i was reading through the book of Genesis again and felt like delving into the life of Joseph a little more.

In the prison of Egypt, the chief cup bearer and the butler both had dreams. Joseph interpreted the dreams, which happened exactly as he interpreted. Joseph told the Cup bearer "Only keep me in mind when it goes well with you, and please do me a kindness by mentioning me to Pharaoh and get me out of this house." ~ Genesis 40:14


But what did the Cup bearer do? He promptly forgot all about Joseph. "Yet the chief cupbearer did not remember Joseph, but forgot him."    
~ Genesis 40:23. 

What happened then, Pharaoh had dreams... he needed interpretation but none could. and...."Finally, the king's chief cup-bearer spoke up. "Today I have been reminded of my failure," he told Pharaoh."  ~ Genesis 41:9

Many times in my life, i felt forgotten, i have been blamed and wrongly accused. i look back and felt embarrassed about the way i reacted during such times. I forgot to let the situations be taken cared of by God... i didn't do my duty... to love Him and trust Him and be righteous. i had tried to take care of the situations and tried to turn things around for my conveniences and the end results were only devastating... that left me wounded.

While being in prison, wrongly accused and forgotten, Joseph would have gone through bitterness, pain and anger. But he chose to love God and continued to be a righteous young man. And God moved for him, in His perfect timing. In His perfect time, God made the cup bearer remember Joseph. 

Be assured that when your time comes, God will cause the right people to think of you!! i'm linking this post to Spiritual Sunday 
and  joining Mama Hen at Mama's Little Chick
for a....
Yes God is on the move for you and for me... When my heavenly Daddy is on the move i'm not going to sit and let anxiety, worries and sadness about the circumstances consume me... i'm going to turn the corner of my mouth and SMILE anyways... and wait for His perfect timing...:)) Before you put on a frown, make absolutely sure there are no smiles available.  ~Jim Beggs

Wishing you all Blessed Spiritual and Smile Sunday!! and to all my friends from the U.S, Happy July 4...!!

Love,
Ruth

26 comments:

  1. A very inspiring post, Ruth. Have a blessed Spiritual Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Be assured that when your time comes, God will cause the right people to think of you!!" I know from experience that this is TRUE! Thank you and God bless you and give you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The story of Joseph is one of my favorites too. What an amazing example he was for people of every generation. Thank you for sharing with us today.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring and beautiful post.
    Have a very Happy 4th of July.
    Sweet Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was encouraging to me, thank you! Happy 4th!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this post. I needed this reminder. I have a hard time of letting go and letting God handle things... as if I know better. How dare me!
    I also love the quote about smiles and will be borrowing it to put in my classroom. Such a good reminder to choose your attitude!
    ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could so relate to this post! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Ruth, I will be sure and add your link in Smile Sunday! It is a hard thing to do sometimes to simply let go and leave things in Gods hands. It means we need to trust! It is something we all must learn to do. Great post.Have a great weekend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for visiting my Blog, you are a blessing.
    Joseph had a beautiful forgiving nature.
    Living in the peace of God, I personally believe, means applying the Armour of God every day. We are then protected from the fiery dart fired at our heart, meant to distress our life. And we are guarded from them fired at our head (mind) where they ward off the thoughts that cripple..
    If you go back though old posts on my Blog you will find more on the Armour of God...but I am sure you already know of it.
    Have a lovely happy day. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ruth, this was such a inspirational post. You are such a beautiful person and I am so glad I found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ruth, that reminds me of a gospel song I like that goes, "He's an on-time God...He may not come when you want Him, but He'll be there right on time!" Thanks for this great reminder.

    Jennifer
    www.thefarriswheel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! Stopping by to say hi from the blog hop!! I am a new follower!! Have a great weekend!

    www.justtryingtosavemoney.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking forward in meeting Joseph someday. Thank-you for such a great post.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Ruth~ I remind myself quite often that Gods timing is always PERFECT! HIS Ways are always BEST!

    Trust and Obey ~ for there is no other way to be Happy in JEsus but to Trust and Obey :)

    Have a blessed 4th my friend

    ReplyDelete
  15. this post reminds me there is purpose in everything we go through and to wait on Him...He won't forget us...thank you for this..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for dropping by at my page and for the wishes. And also thank you for sharing such wonderful thoughts and message...Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you SO much for this, Ruth! Thank you for your comment to me.
    Hope you are having a wonderful, Spiritual Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great reflection! Thanks so much for sharing. We all can do with a reminder to lean on God and not on our own understanding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great post ~ Thanks for your sweet visit. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely reminder to wait on God to work in our circumstances.
    God Bless ~

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the story of Joseph too. So many good lessons there as the one you wrote about today. Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ms. Ruth, the words you are speaking are so true! I myself get have gotten angry when someone wronged me, forgetting that God "has my back". Vengenance is His and I should not worry about words that are falsely carried out against me. Thank you SO much for visiting me! So glad to have "met" you and following you back! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi. I am following you from admirer Monday.

    http://www.topicsonearth.com/2010/07/admirer-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely post to wake up to this morning!

    I'm now following from Admirer Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi I'm following you from Admirer Monday.
    Happy 4th of July.

    Yanni
    http://www.etccraftetc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is beautiful, Ruth! It is truly encouraging! And I LOVE that quote for Smile Sunday... I'm going to have to remember it! :D

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by! i love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥