Then, as if in a dream.....I saw myself walking along a beach with the Lord, and scenes from my life flashed before us. But during the most painful scenes, I noticed, only one set of footprints was left in the sand. I asked the Lord where He had been when I needed Him most. Then I wrote down His reply:
“My precious child,
I love you and will never leave you.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you.”
- by Margaret Rose Powers
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
~ Isaiah 41:10
Lord , when i'm overwhelmed by the ebb and flow of everyday life, the ball and chain of obligations, and the shackles of duty.... i will still rejoice and be thankful... i will not fear or be dismayed. For Your right righteous right hand will uphold me... when You find me too weak to carry on You will carry me in Your arms !!

Ah, sitting still -- so hard to do sometimes!
ReplyDeletei love this little poem!! thanks for sharing this... you are a darling!!
ReplyDeleteAww, I have a small plaque hanging in my kitchen of the very same poem.
ReplyDeleteLove it!
Have a blessed day, sweet Ruth.
Lots of love,
Laura
I have always loved this poem!! We had a big framed picture of this in our house for years when I was growing up. I didn't realize then how important and powerful it was. Now it means everything. :)
ReplyDeletei remember this story.it is so beautiful and beautifully expresses our belief in God...:)
ReplyDeletelove it
http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com/
Ruth I have always loved this! It is so powerful to let go and let God carry us when we are feeling like we are unable to go on. I hope you are feeling better!
ReplyDeleteMama Hen
I love that poem!
ReplyDeleteI'm a new follower :)
-Victoria
http://www.adventuresinmommyhood.net
this is one of my favorite poems. thanks for the story! i loved it!
ReplyDeleteI love listening to it in a song, very inspiring.
ReplyDeleteIt is such a comforting and inspiring poem that we all need to read through out our lives.
ReplyDeleteYou always are uplifting and inspiring thank you Ruth. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :-)
love your new layout!
Hi! New Follower via Friendly Friday Follow..Have a GREAT weekend! I have some great tutorials on my blog....Stop by:-)
ReplyDeletewww.girlinair.blogspot.com
Following you from Friendly Friday Follow. My blog is http://www.healthylifejourney.com/ if you want to check it out! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI love the Footprints poem! My mom had a necklace that has a charm with footprints b/c of that poem. After she died, I started to wear it & it will end up going to my daughters in the future!
I love this poem! Thanks for posting it. Thanks also for stopping by my blog...I am following you back! :-)
ReplyDeleteSo I saw your blog. I wanted to invite you to my blog, edk.dolce where I developed the idea for "Featured Followers by Elle © " where I promote all my followers, and give them a chance to attract more people to their blog & for my followers to learn more about them! Check out my blog @ www.edkdolce.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete*Elle
Stopped by to see how you are doing! I hope you are well!
ReplyDeleteMama Hen
Thank you Ruth for such an inspirational and uplifting post. Blessings to you this weekend.
ReplyDeleteJust dropping by from FFF. I love your blog and I'm your newest follower! God Bless!
ReplyDeleteHi - I'm a new follower! This looks like such a beautiful blog - one I'll enjoy keeping up with. Please stop by mine as well... www.openbookgirls.com and our ministry blog is www.ourfamilyonmission.com
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
anne
Thanks this is always so soothing to read!!! Beautiful post Sweetie.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and Hugs Dena