10.30.2010

Time to Pray

"Be joyful always; pray continually; 
give thanks in all circumstances, 
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


I got up early one morning
and rushed right into the day; 
I had so much to accomplish
that I didn't have time to pray. 

Problems just tumbled about me
and heavier came each task; 
"Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered
He said, "But you didn't ask." 

I wanted to see joy and beauty
but the day toiled on, gray and bleak; 
I wondered why God didn't show me. 
He said,"But you didn't seek"

I tried to come into God's presence; 
I used all the keys at the lock. 
God gently and lovingly chided
"My child, you didn't knock." 

I woke up early this morning
And paused before entering the day. 
I had so mush to accomplish
That I had to take time to Pray. 
~ Author Unknown.

most often than not,  the poem above pretty much sums up my prayer life.


Linking to Spiritual Sunday !!

37 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/30/2010

    A great reminder Ruth to keep God first. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sums up many of us doesn't it? I read on someones blog that if she wakes up at night, instead of worrying about being tired the next day and getting all stressed, she uses that time as unexpected time with God. I now do the same...it has been a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, a day is just not right without seeking God first! Thank you, Ruth, for posting this!

    Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Ruth,
    Another inspiring and warm post. Love it. Reminds us to put God first and not only remember HIM when things are good, but even more when things are lousy.

    Wishing you a lovely weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this, Ruth! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mildred, thank you. you do the same...

    Anita, thats so nice.. i too want to do that. i will do that..:) thanks for sharing!

    Carolyn, no its not right without seeking God first! thanks for coming by.

    Catheryn, thank you dear... you have a lovely weekend yourself!

    Karen, have a good weekend yourself. thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is making me feel happy Ruth.

    Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the reminder to keep prayer a priority. Much is accomplished when we take time to ask, seek and knock. Blessings, Susy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ruth..I do pray alot I pray in the morning, all during the day and at night. Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anamika, thanks for visiting girl! Hope you're enjoying your weekend..:)

    Susy, so true... much is accomplished when we pray.

    Judy, how nice.. i need to learn to pray as much you you do. i don't pray as much as i need to... most of the times..:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Ruth, We can be so selfish and thoughtless..I am just as guilty. A great soul searching poem. God Bless you heaps. CML xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. great reminder...When I pray first thing before I start the day....everything goes so much better. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know what you mean, we cam rush troughs hat day and not think let alone speak to God!!!

    But our Lord wants to have a continual conversation with us, what a privilege that our king wants us to speak to him all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet poem! Thanks for sharing with us Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for sharing this beautiful verse! I had to giggle though when I saw the cartoon, it is sooooo like my hubby who was raided by an atheist mother but he IS learning and that's what counts. Have a great weekend, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful poem Ruth! Great reminder to pray and that HE does respond ... but first we must let him know... after all he can't do it all for us ~ how would we learn.. xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great post, so true.
    Thanks for sharing….
    Blessings,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very sweet poem. One we all need to remember.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous10/30/2010

    :) Great post. Have seen that poem before but I never get tired of it.
    It reminds us to slow down and get on our knees!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This describes me on too many occasions. Thank you for the gentle reminder.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  21. Satan just loves to keep us busy doesn't he. This has been on my mind all week - thankyou :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a wonderful reminder for all of us...keeping God at the forefront of every day...every event...every moment! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yikes!! Guilty ... then I catch myself & correct myself.

    Great share ...

    Have a BOO-TEA-FUL weekend.
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beautiful Ruth! I really like this. Have a great weekend my friend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  25. I appreciate this post. This is a sweet poem and we all need to follow the advice given here. Thank you. Blessings Anne

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous10/31/2010

    Ruth,
    Isn't that the truth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Excellent reminder. Sooooo soooo true.

    Ruth, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog regarding Todd and our journey with cancer. I'm grateful for your words and prayers.

    God bless,

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are so wonderful Sis, its a blessing to my heart each time you leave me a note...Thanks so much for being you and for sharing this touching poem too..
    Sonday and new week blessings atcha Sweet Sister in Christ~~~Hugs Dena

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ruth, thanks for stopping by my place and leaving your sweet comment. I have always loved this poem (quote) about taking time to pray. Thanks for sharing it with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  30. thank you all sweet sisters, for visiting me. Blessings,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for sharing that, reminding us to pray in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cathy, yes.. i'm reminding myself everyday. thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Anonymous11/01/2010

    Love it. Great reminder. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thank you, Ruth, for posting this lovely poem. Such a great reminder that God can't answer what we don't ask.
    Many thanks for visiting Thistle Cove Farm; hope you return soon and often.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ruth, this poem sums up so well how much we need to pray and pray with bold humility.

    ReplyDelete
  36. beautiful poem, thanks for posting Ruth.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by! i love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥