a little girl selling roses to be able to feed and stay alive....
when i saw this, i was led to pray...
and as i did, i was reminded of the song Prayer of the Children....
in the shadow of an unknown room?
Empty eyes with no more tears to cry
turning heavenward toward the light.
Crying," Jesus, help me to see the morning light of one more day,
but if I should die before I wake,I pray my soul to take."
Can you feel the hearts of the children
aching for home, for something of their very own.
Reaching hands with nothing to hold onto
but hope for a better day, a better day.
Crying," Jesus, help me to feel the love again in my own land,
but if unknown roads lead away from home,
give me loving arms, 'way from harm."
Can you hear the voice of the children
softly pleading for silence in their shattered world?
Angry guns preach a gospel full of hate,
blood of the innocent on their hands.
Crying," Jesus, help me to feel the sun again upon my face?
For when darkness clears, I know you're near,bringing peace again."
oh sweet sweet friends, won't you please join me to pray for these homeless children? at least a few minutes a day...??
Linking this post to Spiritual Sunday . Please visit for inspiring posts. Have a great weekend!!
Love love love,
Ruth

oh this is so heartbreaking...
ReplyDeleteAmen, Ruth. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is just heartbreaking. Last night we were talking about the body of Christ at Bible Study...how far from my world this little girl seems to me. Thank you for this picture and prayer, Ruth and for the reminder to pray for the children around the world.
ReplyDeletePraying along with you
ReplyDeleteYes I can hear it...and I will pray with you Ruth! You have such a beautiful spirit...and it shines through your lovely blog! :-)
ReplyDeletePraying always for the children with you.
ReplyDeletexo Erin
This touches me deeply. God bless you. We have to keep praying and reaching out.
ReplyDeleteSo heartbreaking...Will be praying along with you.
ReplyDeleteIts a daily sight here in our country and it really painful to witness all these. Guys besides the prayers let's all try to provide resources for them....
ReplyDeleteRuth...this breaks my heart...yes I do hear their cry and maybe just maybe in some ways we can all make a difference in their worlds. Praying. YOur heart has touched mine.
ReplyDeleteRuth sweetie, this left me teary eyed... joining you in prayers for those children hurting...
ReplyDeleteI will be praying...
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, Ruth!! Such a heartbreaking picture of the pretty little girl and such heartbreaking lyrics! I will be praying for this precious little girl along with all of the other homeless, desperate little souls!
ReplyDeleteHugs and love to you,
Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine
Joining with you praying Ruth.
ReplyDeleteA beautiful call to prayer Ruth. Blessings to you. xo
ReplyDeleteA good reminder. So many children are suffering.
ReplyDeleteIt is so heart breaking, yes I will join you Ruth in praying for these precious homeless children, thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Sue
I sponser two such children, we shoulf all do as much as we can to give them love and care. I have a donation WIDGET to Save the Children with sickness in poor countries. Lets believe together that more people open their hearts and give... God Bless you. CML xxx
ReplyDeleteI read this earlier this week and it's heartbreaking. Makes me want to reach out even more....to make a difference....Hugs to you. You got the best heart ever.
ReplyDeleteOh Ruth, this touches my heart. Praying for these precious children.
ReplyDeleteThis picture reminds me of the children I saw in India. Thank you for this reminder to pray for the children.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Charlotte
This is so sad. I will pray for these young children. I have never seen this in person but even the picture inspires me to pray more on this matter.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless,
Ginger
This is so heartbreaking because it is so true! Praying with you!
ReplyDeleteYes, it is heart-wrenching, knowing we have so much and those who are hungry & hurting.
ReplyDeleteJoining you at Spiritual Sundays.
Karen
Joining you also in prayer Ruth. My brother was homeless during parts of his lifetime and I was so thankful he did not have children. He would not let us help him. Whatever his problems were they ruled his life til 2 years before his death.
ReplyDeleteA timely and needed post. Thank you. I agree. We need to pray and do whatever we can.
ReplyDeleteRuth this is a very sad yet important reminder to all of us. It is heart breaking to see a child have to do this in order to eat. Very lovely post. I hope you are doing well my friend.
ReplyDeleteMama Hen
Yes Sweetie,, you have soooo touched our hearts with this...
ReplyDeleteJust think of what the power of God in all our prayers could do and to God be all the GLORY...
May He Bless you and yours in your week...Thanks for having a true heart for Christ Sis~~~Hugs Dena
It's so hard to see that. Just heartbreaking. The saddest thing I ever saw was a little boy and girl on a train in Rome singing and playing music to make some money. They were only 4 and 6. I still pray for them...
ReplyDeleteThis kills me. How sad that children have to spend their childhood like this in order to survive. I pray daily for those malnourished and abused.
ReplyDeleteHeartbreaking! Someone who has nothing yet giving her all. I ask for Christ to lift her up from this despair. Anne
ReplyDelete