10.16.2010

lay it down

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, 
and I will give you rest. 
Matthew 11:28


If you are empty
And have nothing to give
You're discontented
By the way that you live
Or maybe you find it
So hard to forgive
Why don't you lay it down?

If you have done something
You'd like to forget
If you have spoken words
That turn in your head
Why beat yourself up
With the things of the past
When you could lay them down
Why don't you lay it down?

'Cause there's a source of help
In every need
There's a place to dwell
Down on your knees
And if I could tell you
How to find peace
You've got to lay it down…

If there are memories
That are too hard to bear
You open your heart
And find bitterness there
If you've been hurt so bad
You don't even care
Why don't you lay it down?
Why don't you lay it down?

It's things like pride and anger
And bitter seeds
They rob us of our freedom
And keep us from peace
But through things like love
And patience and a forgiving heart
That's where the healing can start
God won't let go of your heart
He won't let go of your heart
He won't let go, no

I love this song by Cheri Keaggy.

Please come with me to Spiritual Sunday for uplifting inspiring posts.

22 comments:

  1. Ruth, this was beautiful and inspiring...
    Blessings..HHL

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're posts are always so encouraging Ruth....they always touch me. You have an amazing spirit. Stay safe and strong out there okay. ☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10/16/2010

    Wow. This post really ministers to me after the kind of day I had yesterday. Happy Spiritual Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Ruth! I love knowing the lyrics to a song. Usually, I just can make out the refrain and "la-la-la, de-de-de" the rest. The music means so much more when you actually know the words and they are words such as these that minister to the heart and soul. Thank you for sharing, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10/16/2010

    Ruth, Thanks so much for these encouraging lyrics. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should lay it down..
    I think I'm going to go listen to the song :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. These word are so perfect!
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ruth, This is a great song...and great advice, too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's certainly a lot of wisdom in these lyrics ~ beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cant lay it down because it keeps revolving in ma mind:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing this! I needed to read this today.
    Love,
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10/17/2010

    Such a sweet post for today. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Encouraging song...that you for sharing this today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like a beautiful song, Dear. I wrote a song "Come Unto Me" on my music blog. It is under the Label, Healing. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ruth,
    What an awesome song...and such a lesson for all of us...I hope you had a wonderful Sunday!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dear Ruth, thank you for posting this! I heard this song a while back, and I loved it. Recently, I was remembering it, but could not remember who sang it. All that I remembered was the chorus, but how comforting it is! Truly inspiring!

    Have a great week!

    God bless,
    Miss S.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wat do u mean by lay it down??

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for introducing me to a new song!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Ruth,

    This is my first visit to your blog; I love the words of this song. I'm familiar with Phil Keaggy, but I've never heard this artist.

    The words ask this question in such a graceful and loving way..."Why don't you lay it down?"

    Blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so inspiring! We all have felt the various things in life bring us down in some way. This is beautiful! Have a great day Ruth!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a truly inspiring song.. The words are awesome.. You are such a special woman of God...And I'm very thankful to be getting to know you!!! SS is my most favorite.
    I sooo love sharing God with so many awesome women of His word!!!

    May you know God's Love and His blessings from above~~~Hugs across the miles and web~~~Dena
    Thanks for my note today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The words to the song and one of my favorite Christian artists for many years. Thank you Ruth! God Bless You today and always. Anne

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by! i love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥