10.19.2010

the brighter side...

hey sweet people.... how have your days been so far? if you ask me the same question i'd tell you its so-so...
this image pretty much sums up my day. you see i have been down with viral conjunctivitis for a couple of days now. haven't been to work... haven't been out... that would mean a house arrest..:) haven't been visiting many lovely blogs that i so love to visit... haven't been able to read my favourite books... i know that sad.

but i'm learning to look at the brighter side... i get to just sit... relax... with my eyes close... listen to some of my favourite songs... commune with God... tell Him a lot of things i never did before... yes i'm enjoying this ALONE time... soaking in His presence... with my earthly eyes closed... i'm learning to open my spiritual eyes to see the bigger picture... and understand His plan... and submit to His will. oh how my soul longs for such a time as this.

i could ramble on and on... but my eyes are already tearing up... screaming for rest. so until next time, you my sweet friends... take care...

In every thing give thanks: 
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18

All things work together for good to them that love Him 
and are called according to His purpose.
Romans 8:28


thank you so much for taking time out to pay me a visit. it means a LOT to me..:)
i'll see y'all SOON... Blessings!!

Love,
Ruth

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/19/2010

    I am so sorry Ruth. I hope you will begin to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better now Ruth..I too wish for some alone relaxing time for myself :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ruth,

    As I read this post, I'm reminded of what Paul wrote in Philippians 2:5..."Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus,"

    Your post conveys a joyous attitude, in spite of your present circumstances. I lift your name up before our Lord, asking that He restore your health, that it may be paired with your joy, peace and contentment.

    Blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear, you take rest and get well soon... i know how painful that is!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. I have had it before and it is the pits.

    Sounds like you are receiving His grace by focusing on the positive and the alone time to fellowship with Him.
    Praying for your quick recovery, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I hope you get to feeling better soon, Ruth, but I understand too the joy of spending quiet time with your Lord!! That in itself is such a sweet gift!

    Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing what we can see when our eyes are closed. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your outlook-I'm pretty sure if it were me, I would be complaining :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no Ruth! I hope the virus clears up soon. Hang in there and rest up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh sweety, that sucks i know... but i'm happy you are having some quiet time and enjoying at the same time. Bless your heart girl. Take care and feel better soon!

    Love,
    Cirtz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10/20/2010

    awww thats not good. i had it too a couple of weeks back... looks like its spreading in the city.

    love the positive outlook of yours. you have such a beautiful heart Ruth. i'm glad i stopped by today...it inspires me.

    Feel better soon

    Ankur here

    ReplyDelete
  12. dearest all... thank you so so so much for stopping by. your sweet comments warm my heart. your prayers kept me going...thank you... love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you got a chance to take a break Ruth...you deserve it...but hope your eyes get better soon!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read your SS port so I am thinking you must be better. Praise God! He is very good when I most wonder why He is ignoring me and others who need His uplifting. But I talk with Him like I am talking with you. You can not do that in this crazy world today. You have to know your place. He loves all of us so to Him whatever way we come to Him is amazing in His sight. Thank you for the thoughtful post even though you were hurting. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous10/25/2010

    Ruth,
    This is a beautiful post, except for your conjunctivitis. What a beautiful attitude, and a blessing.
    Hope you are feeling back to normal and soon!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by! i love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥