6.20.2010

Smile Sunday

Beautiful Mama Hen at Mama's Little Chick is hosting a Smile Sunday Party. She's dedicating it to her late Father. So Hop on and join us in the party 'cause there nothing as beautiful as Smiles...:)
I too am dedicating this post to my Daddy who taught me how to SMILE. For me, he's the best dad i ever known. He has a ready smile on his face that lights up the room the moment he walks in. My friends from hometown would say that he is the friendliest Dad. They like coming to my house. They like meeting him and listening to him 'cause he makes them smile too. When you meet him on the way, before he says Hello he'd flash his most beautiful smile.
Daddy and i are separated by many mountains and valleys. I'm too far away to see that smile today but i got to hear it over the Phone. It may still be a Saturday night for many of you but it is Sunday morning for me. I called my Dad to wish him a Happy Father's Day, to tell him how much i love him and miss being with him and smile together with him. And we shared our best smiles over the phone. Yes, daddy's smile is written all over his words too. He's my source of joy on this earth. oh, my eyes are blurred with tears. i might even bawl. i miss my dad so very much. Here's a picture to show you my daddy's smile....
thats my dad with mom and my brothers. they smile so beautifully don't they? I'm not in it 'cause i was busy clicking...:)). Please excuse this not so clear picture. I'm still trying to be a better photographer.... LOL.
Love you Dad!!
 Happy Father's Day to all.

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful Ruth! I love being able to make people smile. I got that from my Daddy also! He was an amazing man, just like you are describing your Dad. We have been blessed to have known such a love growing up! have a great night! I am adding your link now. I should have already! It is late and I am pooped out! Anyway, I am doing it now!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ruth! I just added your link. Thank you so much for your kind comment. I can't tell you how much I miss my Dad, but he does live on through Little Chick and my family. Thank you for joining Smile Sunday. I will be doing it each Sunday, like Thanksgiving Thursday is every Thursday. Let me know whenever you want to join and I will add your link! :) Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sweet. Happy Father's day....

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dad's cool!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and the nice comment.
    http://deannalw.blogspot.com/
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daddy's are special, aren't they?:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6/20/2010

    Your whole family has a great smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6/20/2010

    Beautiful! And yes, they all have contagious smiles! :) thanks for sharing. I'm stopping by from Mama Hen's Smile Sunday party. :) I'm a new follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a sweet post Ruthie. i never got to see my dad's smile..:( but you are right. i have a Heavenly Dad and He's the best so i celebrate HIM today!

    you are so lucky and blessed beyond doubt. have a great day!!
    Love,
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey great post. Happy fathers day to u too!
    LOve the pic

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very beautiful Photo and they all have a very sweet smile :-)
    Have a lovely week ahead :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ruth!

    My goodness, it is SO nice to "meet" you : ).Thank you for stopping by my blog and saying hi. It blessed me so much that Frenchy shared my post and blessed me even more to meet new precious people (such as yourself) through it.

    This was such a touching post about your dad...and he DOES have a beautiful smile. Your whole family does : ). Happy Father's Day to him and all of the loving daddies out there, too.

    I'm following your blog now and will be adding you to my favorites for sure.

    Lots and lots of love to you, friend! God bless you : )
    Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ruth,

    I found you from The Old Geezer's blog. This is such a lovely blog, and I think that this post in particular is very sweet. You have a nice-looking family with beautiful smiles! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey your family is so beautiful..it is great that you love your DAD so much..may he & you always be happy :))

    http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful analogy of your father. The photo shows beautiful faces with lovely hearts of love. What a joyful family. God is good. Whether near or far apart you are close in spirit. Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by! i love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥