6.24.2010

i am thankful

because i can do all things through Him who strengthens me
these past few days have been very hectic for me...and that means work as early as 8am till as late as midnight. i've woken up each morning only to feel blur and blue... with ever increasing work load , and   pigheadedness among peers... it has been aggravating and passion for work is a remote feeling. i've been mulling over many unpleasant interactions...gripped by utter contempt.when all i feel is crushed and dejected, my boss assigned a monstrous project! projects are fun but its deadline makes me panicky ALL the time.  so, when she said "Ruth i couldn't think of anyone more efficient than you are", i thought  "yeah right, like i don't know you take advantage of me when i show some respect and obey." 

but this morning, before i swung myself out of the bed... i lay a while and stared at the ceiling.... in my mind, scheming how to go about with the project.  and something clicked....!! i was angry 'cause i always had to do the most... was always picked when urgency calls. and now i know why... 

and how, oh how could i be still and not thank God for promises so great as these? ~ Ps 112:7 & Is 41:10
"thank you God... for Your faithfullness...
morning by morning i see Your new mercies!
thank You for making me realize 
that when my boss gives me projects 
and says she trusts me,
she sees NOT ME but YOU in me.
 i'm sorry i took time to realize that! 
i know i can't do this alone 
but  YOU and I, together CAN... so lets go!!"


 and today, i'm joining Mama Hen at Mama's Little Chick  for Thankful Thursday... i hope i'm not too late..:)
Sweet Mama Hen,  thank you so very much for these two lovely awards. I'm so honored! Its really kind of you to think even think of me.. i'm thankful for a friend like you... i really am.
  Hmm for this sweet You're Going Places award, 
i'm suppose to say what i see myself as in 10 years and then pass this award along...
so, in ten years i see myself a wife, a daughter-in-love and a mom to a beautiful boy
and i'm passing it on to 
and Erin at Dropped Stitches
Now, the Versatile Blogger, i'm suppose to list 7 random things about me...
so..........., i'm a book worm
i love going for a long ride in the wee hours of the morning
i love being alone and i can't stand boisterous people
i'm not very fond of animals... but i like birds
and i detest talking over the phone.
sometimes i intentionally don't answer calls and i end up feeling guilty..:)

i thank all of you for stopping by... your sweet comments have overwhelmed me .I'm thankful!!

16 comments:

  1. Thank you Ruth! I'll have to think about this and post about it later (have to keep the giveaway post up today). Thanks so much!!!

    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth you are so amazing for having such strenght to endure when you have been treated the way you have. You are such an inspiration and I strive to be more like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post, thanks so much for sharing it with us.
    I am a new follower from Keepin' Company Thursday, so glad to have found your blog. Hope you have a beautiful day!

    Eloise
    Mommy2TwoGirls
    http://mommy2twogirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the part: As soon as something grabs your attention talk with ME about it.
    So true! All things thru Him!
    Lovely post girl! Best to you on your porject! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Thanks for sharing again! Truly we can do all things through Him... Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your awards!

    Hi, just found you through a blog hop, I'm hosting a blog hop with giveaways link today too, hope you'll stop by, I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your awards! I also hate talking on the phone.. I am always avoiding calls... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just LOVE it when the LORD speaks straight to our heart and meets us RIGHT WHERE WE ARE! Its like a HUGE shot of POWER surges through all we do when HE does that !!! So thankful the LORD spoke so powerfully to you this morning! Praying for you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how I know the hectic days! Just had one of them yesterday, and your post is really encouraging. ;)

    Thanks for sharing that devotional thought with us... truly inspiriing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are inspiring and show is your blog. I hope that you have some rest and relaxation this weekend.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really an inspiring post... Having to work the most also mean that you are the best from the rest! Have a restful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Ruth! I am so sorry I did not stop by yesterday! We had a tornado swirl by and I have no power in my home. I still have no power! I am at my mom's house right now using a very slow computer! Anyway, thank you for joining in on Thanksgiving Thursday. I will be sure to add your link if you do it next week again. I just did not have any computer yesterday (or today). That is a perfect Psalm you have chosen for your current situation with work and for me and what I am going through right now. I am feeling rather frustrated with not being at my own home and this Psalm really helps. Thank you! Have a great Friday my bloggy pal!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have an award for you on my blog :)

    http://julia-livelovelaugh.blogspot.com/2010/06/versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ruth! I am your newest follower from FFF! I love your blog! I've noticed you've already started following my blog! Thanks! I really like this post because this is something I am dealing with myself at my work and I feel like I am so overwhelmed right now...I need to remember that God will be there for us and will give us strength in no matter what we do! He is an awesome God and will never fail us! This is definitely something that I needed to read today! Thank you for posting this :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am not a phone person either Ruth! My sister always gets upset with me when I say I want to go. She can be on the phone for hours! he, he, he. I will add your link now, but I always publish the next day's post the night before.So it will be up tonight. Have a great day!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Ruth! I am your newest follower from FFF! I was just reading this post and it really spoke to me because I have been dealing with the very same thing at my work! I am having to do work that would probably take 3 people to do and I am so overwhelmed and I am not sure how I am going to do it all! It is very frustrating because my office manager does want very many people to help me so it is REALLY stressful for me...I know that God gives us strength and is there for us no matter what and just knowing that gives me the strength to keep going! He is an awesome God and will never fail us! I hope things get better for you. Keep us posted on how everything goes! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by! i love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥