hey sweet friends,
i'm turning 28 tomorrow...:)
i'm turning 28 tomorrow...:)
so Happy Birthday to ME...!!
i think of the many blessings i received,
and my heart wells up with gratitude.
i think of all the goods things in stored for me,
and my heart wells up with joy indescribable.
but my
how time flies
its seems only a couple years back
when....
getting high meant a swing
and drinking meant milk
when Dad was the only hero
when his shoulder was the highest place on earth.
when love meant mummy's hugs, kisses and cuddles
when our worst enemies were our own siblings
when the only thing that would hurt were wounded knees
images from google
when the only things broken were toys
when friends use us for nothing but to borrow pencils
when goodbyes meant only until...
evening, when we come from school
or tomorrow when we meet again for school.
Now memories make us realize
life has changed so much
and we have come so far.
i cannot help
but think...
given a choice
i'd like to go back to those days
yes i wanna go back...:)
yet i thank God for HIS goodness and mercies.
for now, i'm just going to sit back
and enjoy being 27.
and soak up the remaining few hours
with some tea and some favourite muffins...:)
and of course,
with candle lights and some soft inspiring music.....!!
thank you for stopping by...
Have a wonderful week ahead!
Love,
Ruth





WISHING YOU A LOVELY BIRTHDAY RUTH!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful and heartfelt post : )
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Ruth!!!
Wishing you lots of love on your special day,
Laura
Lovely write Ruth ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY & blessings to you.
ReplyDeleteHave a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~ Marydon
awwwww so sweetly written Ruth..Enjoy 27 , 28 and 29 as 30 will be little difficult to digest :D
ReplyDeleteWILL WISH U 2MRW:)
happy Bday!
ReplyDeleteHere from the bloghop.
I follow you on GFC. I'd love for you to follow me back
Tiffany
http://tiffspixiedust.blogspot.com
Tiffypoot @ (aol.com)
Dear Ruth,
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to a dear, sweet person!!! Ruth, I hope your birthday is special just like you!!!
XO
Wishing a Birthday filled with magic, beautiful music, and wonderful memories. 28 is the best age ... enjoy my friend.. sending you many blessings, hugs.. HHL
ReplyDeletesuch a beautiful post.. Happy b-day
ReplyDeleteI’m following you now from Relax & Surf Sunday blog hop.I'd love for you to follow me back http://beachbabys.blogspot.com/
Lovely and heartfelt writing Ruth. Wishing you a wonderful birthday and a year full if surprises, adventure, change and new beginnings. xo
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday sweety...
ReplyDeleteHey girl, its your birthday! Happy happy birthday... have a blessed one.
ReplyDeletei'd love to go back to those days too...:) well written hun...
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Miss Ruth. Just beautiful. Thank you!
ReplyDeletexoRebecca
Happy Birthday Ruth Sweetie...
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful share, I so love this post. Your heart is so full of love and the words are so beautiful.
Gorgeous memories sweetie. I thank you for opening your heart and sharing with me today. I hope your birthday is filled with happiness, joy, love and memories for years to come.
Many hugs sweetie and so much love, Sherry
Ruth,
ReplyDeleteI wish you a blessed and joyous birthday!
One of my best birthdays ever was just me and God and His delighting in me. I shall never forget it!
Happy Birthday Ruth!
ReplyDeleteTwenty-eight is such a marvelous age. It's so good to reflect back on one's life, where you have come from, where you are now, and who helped to get you there along the way.
Although the years quickly pass as one ages, it's helpful to retain as many memories as possible. For me, life is a journey, and every ten years seems to have me entering new challenges along my way.
I hope your memories linger for those who have been such a part of your life and that as you enter this new age, you experience even more of God's love and grace. You have a gift of expressing words that heal and touch others; there is a depth of honesty and sincerity in what you say.
Blessings and peace.
MTJ
Happy Birthday to you! I am excited to become friends. I am now following you through the relax and surf Sunday.
ReplyDeletehttp://kingstongirlie.blogspot.com/
Ruth have a wonderful birthday and as you grow older your maturing in Christ. I had my 2nd child when I was 28.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Those are some really nice photos! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm now following you through the Swingin' By Sunday Blog Hop. I hope you'll do the same! You can find me @ http://sofiasideas.com/
Sofia's Ideas
Happy Birthday. What a great post. I love the pictures and the message. Good words! Thank you.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Ruth. Thank you for all your encouraging words to me. Blessings.
ReplyDeleteHappy 28th Birthday Ruth! May you have many many more. Your are the sweetest blogging friend I have. Thanks for all your support and encouraging comments. Im so glad you are a part of my blogging world!
ReplyDeleteaww..sis so true of all u wrote here..God bless u n enjoy ur beautiful bday.happy bday 1c again.lov u slu n miss u 2..:)
ReplyDeleteThat was lovely. Your words and photos were really inspiring. Happy Birthday Ruth and have a blessed day.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Ruth, and may you have many more blessed birthdays. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful and heartfelt post.
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Sue
Wishing you a very Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDeleteThere are a lot of things I would like to go back to and some I wouldn't. For instance, I'd hate to go back to my old typewriter and give up my computer. When I learned to type almost 60 years ago. I had no idea I would be doing what I do now with those typing skills. Enjoy your birthday. 28 is a good age.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures you chose to illustrate.
Blessings,
Charlotte
Happy Birthday to you, dear Ruth! May you have a very blessed day!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Miss S.
Happy Birthday Ruth!
ReplyDeleteWell, happy happy birthday! :) I hope you have a wonderful last few hours of being 27... and have a wonderful year 28!!
ReplyDeleteRuth,
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful post! I enjoyed the pictures also, particularly the first one where the girl is swinging on the swing up in the clouds.
At any rate, I hope that you have a great birthday! :)
Blessings,
-Lady Rose
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
ReplyDeletethanks for coming over. Happy Birthday to you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to you! What a sweet friend you have become. I look forward to seeing you stop by my blog. I wish you a beautiful day. Many blessings too. Anne
ReplyDeletehappy happy birthday sweet Ruthy.. have a beautiful day and the year ahead!!
ReplyDeleteluvya....
Hey Ruthy... happy birthday! Have a beautiful one okay.. will be praying for ya sweet friend...
ReplyDeletedear sweet ruth.
ReplyDeletefirst, i cannot imagine WHY you come to
my boring blog when yours is so amazing.
second, i am astounded my your wisdom
at such a YOUNG age . . . and very proud.
third, i had a precious, brilliant, young
indian man in my home last evening . his
story was tragic (thrown out as a baby,
telemarketing as a 12 yr. old) but his
keen mind found him shipped HERE to
college.
we poured all the Lord's goodness we
could into him. "may he come to see the
Lord's everlasting love!"
ironically, his name is muhammad. will
you please pray for him?
i remember baby skylar each night.
love you from the other side of the world
lea====
Awwww Sweet Sis Ruth,,,HaPpY BiRtHdAy Beautiful!!! God soooo knew what He was doing when He created you Girl!!! Course He always does and you are simply proof of that fact...
ReplyDeleteBlessings to you from our Sweet LORD as you look to Him in this, His beautiful season, and those to come. Isn't it Magnificent knowing He is the Reason for every Season......Hugs Dena
PS:: I sooooooooo thank you for touching my heart with your note..
Ruthy, thanks for always being so encouraging and inspiring...
ReplyDeleteA very happy Birthday to You. Have a special one!!
~Ankur
Happy Birthday, Dear! Love and Hugs ~
ReplyDeleteHey Ruth, just wanted to let you know that i'm a regular reader of his blog and so immensely been blessed by it.. thank you for being a blessing... although i haven't taken much time commenting on it to let you know... i thought today is a good time to do so..:)
ReplyDeleteso happy birthday sweet friend. May this year be full of pleasant surprises... wish you a super blessed one!
Love,
Anita
What a beautiful post. Have a very blessed birthday!
ReplyDeleteWishing you a blessed and Happy Birthday. 28....yes, I remember that time. (My youngest niece is your age.) Yes, time passes quickly.
ReplyDeleteTea, muffins, music, & relaxing...you sound like my kinda girl!! ;-)
ReplyDeleteHave a fabulous birthday!!!
happy birthday, my friend! i hope it is/was wonderful!
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy Birthday Ruth! May the most that you want on this day be the very least that you get! Hoping 28 brings you a year of happiness.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Ruth! I pray it is wonderful and you are spoiled rotten!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday ruth!! God bless.
ReplyDeleteI am glad that to see your footsteps on my blog...:)
<3
Happy Birthday Ruth!!! What a blessing you are to all of us. I know that God has big plans for you.:)
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a wonderful birthday.
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful reflection. You paint a vivid picture that I find myself wanting to go back, yet also agreeing with you I thank God for being our guardian all these years. Have a super blessed birthday, Ruth!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Jinnia
Happy birthday Ruth. And lovely poem.
ReplyDeleteDearest Ruth,
ReplyDeleteHappy happy belated blessed 28th birthday! So so sorry for the late wishes as I was away often lately and had little time to be here.
Hope you had a wonderful day on your birthday because someone special and awesome like you deserves nothing but the best :)
28 is a lovely number. My wedding registration, church wedding was all on 28th! And I love 28.
But above all that, each day we have is a gift and blessing from Him, be it 28, 38 or 68 :)
Hope you have a great birthday my dear, many blessings and love to you all year long ;) xo -Taj
ReplyDeleteHappy belated Birthday, I hope you had a very Blessed Birthday!!!
ReplyDeleteGod's Blessings to you, and everyone!!!
I would be humbly grateful if you stop by to visit my blog as well, and if you become a follower to my blog, I would be honored to be a follower to yours as well.
Lon
Me, too! Happy belated birthday, Ruth! :)
ReplyDelete