But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. - Isaiah 40:30,31
i don't know what kind of bird it is (in the pic), but i was watching it feeding on something on a huge branch. for no apparent reason it all of a sudden spread its powerful wings, spiraled upward. It soared higher, eventually dissolved into something like a tiny dot and disappeared.
this sight reminded me of the above uplifting verses from Isaiah 40. it says that when we trust and wait on the Lord, we shall mount with wings... rise above difficulties... fly above the mists and darkness of earth into the clear sunshine of God’s presence. just how cool that is !
i learned that the eagle has rapidity of flight, power of scent and keenness of vision. so when God says that we will mount up with wings like eagles, it means our mounting up is not only a matter of rising above difficulties, it involves a JOYOUS and QUICK DISCERNMENT of the WILL and WAY of God for us and the keen VISION of Himself by FAITH.
here's a beautiful song Everlasting God by Lincoln Brewster.
♥
Ruth
.jpg)
Needed to hear that about the bird and trusting and waiting on God..thanks Ruth!
ReplyDeleteA great post and timely reminder of God's great love for us. Thank you for sharing and for posting the message in song.
ReplyDeleteDear sweet Ruth,
ReplyDeleteI have read this scripture hundreds of times but have never thought of it like you explained it today. Beautiful, just beautiful--makes me know I can SOAR!
Sweet, sweet blessings all the way from Arkansas to India--
Love,
Dianne
Great post. I love birds. I might be wrong, but it looks like an American White Pelican. We don't have them in our area. However, I saw them on Yellowstone Lake in Wyoming. We have lots of bald eagles here, so that scripture really comes alive for me. Thanks for sharing. Have a great Spiritual Sunday!
ReplyDeleteWhat a special post...so glad to know we share the same taste when it comes to Mr. Brewster..:)
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great Sunday!
I think the bird is a pelican. It's an awesome picture. I love that scripture about mounting up with wings like eagles. We sing the song in the video at church quite often. It is a beautiful song, and this is a beautiful video. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Charlotte
Oh, you picked such a beautiful verse and picture to teach us such valuable lessons...thank you for your wisdom and guidance.
ReplyDeleteHugs
xox
Hello Ruth, Yes your bird is a pelican, they stand up to 4ft tall here in Australia, I love watching them. A beautiful post. God Bless you. CML
ReplyDeleteA very powerful truth and illustration. This blessed me today and I love that song! Blessings!
ReplyDeletewow Ruth...I love that bird. Reminds me of the great blueherons that I love. and the song - perfect. Have a great Sunday. You're the best!!!
ReplyDeletei love the song.. and beautiful thoughts on the verse. Ruth you never cease to inspire me. Thank you!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing that beautiful verse, picture and song.
ReplyDeleteSweet Blessings,
Virginia
sweet Ruthy.. i needed to hear this today. I have to agree with Ron.. you never cease to encourage and inspire me.
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting this song video... i love Brewster's and this one is one of my favourites!!
Love you tons!!
Citz
Ruth, that picture is perfect for that scripture. I loved your teaching, too.
ReplyDeleteI love that scripture! It seems to have an answer for every situation, doesn't it? Have a great Sunday, Ruth. And thank you for a wonderful post.:)
ReplyDeleteI love how you see the eagle and its power and eyesight...a joyous and quick discernment of the will and way of God...beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOh Ruth Sweet Friend...
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post. I love your explanation of the verse and the comparison with the bird and the eagle. It is SO moving.
The power of the wings to carry and the keen sight of the eagle to see all.
Oh how you have uplifted me this afternoon. Thank you sweet friend for a wonderful share. I will never see this verse quite the same.
Many hugs sweetie, Sherry
I love this, Ruth. The song by Lincoln Brewster is one of my favorites.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Joan
You are so right Ruth! We should trust and wait on the Lord! Only he knows what is in store for us.
ReplyDeleteWonderful post.. hugs ..HHL
ReplyDeleteUplifting post. This is just what I needed today. Isn't it great how God always know what we need... even on the internet. I have trouble being still and waiting.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog and following. I am following you back and look forward to your posts.
Annette
what a wonderful thought. life thrives on faith.
ReplyDeleteRuth this is beautiful! I love the picture and I like the connection you made with what you saw in nature to the verse. I hope you have a great week! Thank you for your comment!
ReplyDeleteMama Hen
I love this song, it's one of my favorite songs.What an amazing video, and our God created it all. What a sweet~~sweet voice of the child reading the scripture.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Ginger
thanks for stopping by and for encouraging words. =)
ReplyDeleteThe video reminds me of my college days during recollections and retreat. Thanks fr sharing this beautiful photo and vid.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful though!
ReplyDeletethis is so inspiring. love the video.. your picture of the bird and your thoughts on the verse. thank you Ruth.
ReplyDeletehave a good week okay..:)
just what i needed to hear today. thanks sweetheart. great picture... and love the song!!
ReplyDeletevery sweet post. totally uplifted my spirit.
ReplyDeleteGood Morning Ruth, so nice to meet you. When I saw the verse you shared in this post, I smiled because it is one of my favorite, as well as the one you have put on your header. Thank you for your inspiring thoughts.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your labor day.Thank you for visiting me and for taking the time to leave such a sweet comment.
Blessings,
Sue
YES, you're right Ruthie...God IS good!!! Have a wonderful holiday weekend. Lots of love to you always.
ReplyDelete:-) Laura
Fantastic post! I loved it!
ReplyDeleteCarrie
Ruth,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your comment on my post yesterday and for holding me in your prayers. I appreciate it and you more than you know!
Love, Tiffany
I see everyone has beaten me to the bird identification - definitely looks like a pelican to me (though I'm from the wrong part of the world to see them often!)
ReplyDeleteThis is by far one of my favorite verses! I also love the determined, focused, no-nonsense look in the eagles eyes!
ReplyDeleteThank-you for sharing this beautiful post!!!
Smiles, KJ
SoCal
Ruth, the picture you painted on mounting up with wings like eagles...such an encouragement. I love these verses in Isaiah. Thank you for an uplifting post!
ReplyDeleteRuth i love the way you see God's word and lessons in the beauty and small things in life...you truly are an inspiration to me! :-)
ReplyDeleteHey dear, that's a pelican I think! Its a lovely shot! Thanks for sharing it, as well as the verse, which reminded me about leaning on God who will lift us up. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful interpretation of one of my all time favorite Bible verses. Also, way to be camera-ready to catch the cool pic of the bird (pelican) take flight.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to get around to everyone who commented on my inspirational blog when I was featured on Mama Hen's Nestwork last week. Thank you for stopping by and leaving your sweet comment.
This is one of my favorite verses and one I have tucked into my memory for when I need it....Beautiful post...God bless.
ReplyDeleteI just love reading this verse over and over...Thank you for such an uplifting and inspiration message. God bless, Lloyd
ReplyDeleteWhat an uplifting post today! Thanks. I love that picture you captured of that amazing bird!
ReplyDeleteThanks for this reminder, Ruth. I'm constantly learning how to trust God. That trust leads to the wisdom and discernment I am desperatley in need of!
ReplyDelete