9.18.2010

the wonder of it all....

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? ~ Psalm 8: 4

of late i have  been so drawn to the beauty of God's beautiful creation. the beauty that i see in sunrise or sunset or just a little flower blooming fills me with wonder. i'm  thrilled beyond words to know that i am LOVED by the God who created all these. and i find myself singing this song.. morning, day and night....

There’s the wonder at sunset at evening
The wondrous sunrise I see
But the wonder of wonders that thrills my soul
Is the wonder that God loves me
The wonder of it all
The wonder of it all
Just to think that God loves me
Oh the wonder of it all
The wonder of it all
Just to think that God loves me
There’s the wonder of spring time and harvest
The sky, the stars, the sun
But the wonder of wonders that thrills my soul
Is the wonder that’s only begun

Please visit Spiritual Sunday for uplifting posts.

Have a great weekend!!

Ruth 

38 comments:

  1. Anonymous9/18/2010

    AMEN! Love this post.
    Happy Almost Autumn (September 22),
    Happy Spiritual Sunday. Happy Everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect pairing of words and photos. Now I too will be singing this song. I share your feelings about God's creation. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, inspirational post, Ms. Ruth...thank you for being so faithful to stop by Jeremiah 29:11 and leave me such sweet comments!!!
    In His Love...Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had forgotten this wonderful song. Thank you for these lyrics. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful - both the words and the photos. They really do put God's work on display! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your posts always touch me Ruth..your love for Him shinges through and speaks to my heart. I love being out in nature too. That's where I can hear His gentle whisper so clearly. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful as always dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. His love for us is really hard to imagine. It is awesome! Thank you for your inspirational post...Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always ask myself, do I really understand how much God loves me. I'm sure I don't realize the half of it. But I know He loves me and I am seeking to know the heighth, depth, breadth, and boundless nature of His love. What a wonderful journey. And what a treat to stop by for this awesome refreshment to remind me of His love. God bless, Dr. Bobbi Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ruth - I love the beauty of God's creation. I have a lot of photos of sunrises and sunsets - no two are just alike and the are a wonderful reminder of the Creator's majesty.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. your photos are breathtaking and your words are powerful.

    have a wonderful and blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful song and beautiful pictures!! I love to keep an eye open for beautiful skies, sunsets, trees...His beautiful handiwork!

    Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful I love that song, and I so appreciate you posting the Lyrics, lots of hugs and blessings, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruth this is a beautiful post! I love to watch the sunrise and the sunset. It is always the most amazing show! We can be so inspired by Gods beautiful gifts daily. Have a great weekend my friend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Ruth! This is a great post. I love all the pictures too. God is so great to us all! You have a wonderful and blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful post! And what glorious photos! Yes, the wonder of it all.:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Ruth, Yes it surely is wonderous..very very special. When we just take the time to look around at our beautiful world, especially the sunrise of a new day and the unsetting on another...New every morning, open to the hand of God..How great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photos, beautiful thoughts Ruth, thank you for sharing.
    I too enjoy God's creations, Enjoy your beautiful Sunday.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful post. Beautiful pictures.

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. We used to sing this song in church a lot. I always loved it. Had not heard it or thought about it in years. Thanks for the memories. The wonder of it all ~ it's amazing.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful pictures to go along with this beautiful song.
    Blessings,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  22. The pictures and thoughts are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes, His creativity and ingenuity are quite inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Found you on the Southern Reflections blog hop. This is a beautiful post!!! So glad I found ya. Hope you will check out our blag @ http://csahm.webs.com/apps/blog/ if you like us we hope you will follow us back :) God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this - the wonder of just thinking that God loves me. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Following you from the blog hop! Would love a follow back! Thanks!

    http://momsreview4you.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Ruth,

    I know EXACLTY how you feel. Whenever I'm outside enjoying the beauty of God's creation, I feel so much closer to Him. Of course He's always there, but (as is evidenced by Scriptures) creation is evidence of God's existence; I think that's why it seems to have that effect on those of us who know and love God. He is so good, and He created all of this beauty for US to enjoy!

    Beautiful pictures, by the way! ;)

    Have a great week!

    God bless,
    ~Miss S.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those images go so well with the lyrics, Ruth. Each of us is so special in God's sight; it truly is a wonder. Thanks for commenting on my clutter post. You must work in the healthcare industry, too, with 12 hour shifts.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful post! I'm in awe with you. So glad your back up and running again!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ruth, I just noticed you are now following my blog! Welcome and glad to have you. I will check in on your beautiful posts as well....Blessings to you, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful post Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a beautiful and inspiring post! Thanks Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Ruth, hope you're doing well! I gave you an award. You can pick it up at http://jinnialow.com/thanks-are-in-order

    Have a blessed day!
    Jinnia

    ReplyDelete
  34. Anonymous9/25/2010

    So very beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  35. hey ruth..how are you doing..thanks for checking in on me. i was just busy with lot of stuff and hence couldn't reply back..but now things are settling down and i am happy to be back to blogging..blogging gets so addictive and it is really hard to stay away from it for long..hope all has been well with you..
    have a great weekend

    Sovina
    http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. That's a lovely song! And I'm glad your pc is ok now! Hope you had a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  37. beautiful Ruth, as always!!

    hope you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by! i love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥