9.10.2010

I look at the swaling sunset

thank you all for the sweet sweet comments left on my previous post. my computer crashed and i have no access to the Internet since my previous post... i'm posting this from my friend's to let y'all know that I've not forgotten you, and i miss visiting and reading your posts. i hope to get it fixed soon. now lets look forward to a great weekend....leaving you one of my sunset pictures and a favorite poem for now...:)
I look at the swaling sunset 
And wish I could go also 
Through the red doors beyond the black-purple bar.

I wish that I could go 
Through the red doors where I could put off
My shame like shoes in the porch, 
My pain like garments, 
And leave my flesh discarded lying 
Like luggage of some departed traveller
Gone one knows not where.

Then I would turn round, 
And seeing my cast-off body lying like lumber,
I would laugh with joy.

~David Herbert Lawrence


Love you all!!

Ruth

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful pic and a lovely poem.

    Have a lovely weekedn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice picture. I'll have to think a little on that poem. I find it intriguing. Sorry about your computer troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so lovely... both the photo and the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ruth, that picture is great! The poem is powerful. I read it a coupple of times. It would be nice to be able to shed much of our pain and weight and walk lighter free from the burdens. Thank you for your well wishes. I really appreciate it! Have a great night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats beautiful...have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful pic and lovely poem Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful Ruth, it almost looks like my sunset photo from yesterday, hugs and blessings, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Ruth, have a great week! I gave you an award! Come and get it! Have a good night!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no computer crash? Love you too Ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so sweet Ruth...i know how you feel....i have not had a computer the whole time if have had a blog...i have to get on at work, at a friends, or at the Library on the weekend....it is hard, but I love blogging...hope you get your computer fixed soon.
    Miss you! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Carrie Burtt above: you are sweet; and I have an award for you that says as much. Please come by whenever you get your computer situation under control. http://eastlynandcompany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh no... hope you get the PC fixed soon. we don't want to miss you too long.

    beautiful pic and poem!

    Love you too Hon...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Georgeous picture and poem! Love reflecting on God's creation!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruth I think you are a sweet person, and your blog is a sweet place to experience serenity and positivity. I have an award for you, so swing by and pick it up when you have a chance. -Eastlyn
    http://eastlyandcompany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ruth, this is a poem to ponder on! Thank you for sharing, and hope your computer problems get fixed. ~Jinnia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just stopped by to say hi Ruth! I hope you are doing great!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi I am Nicole from ColiesKitchen.com I found you on a blog hop and wanted to drop by and say hi. I really like your blog, and am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Ruth, that picture is GORGEOUS! :D I love pics of the sun; it's one of my favorite objects of photography. Good job! Have a great week!

    P.S. I wanted to invite you to take part in my now bi-weekly Inspiring Story meme this weekend. It begins this Friday and ends Sunday night. I'll have details up on my blog tomorrow (Thursday)... but I know you've seen enough of mine to have a pretty good idea of what to do. ;) Let me know if you're interested, and I'd be honored to have you participate. ;)

    God bless!

    ~ Miss S.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope that your computer gets up and running soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have such beautiful, beautiful posts!! I am sorry I don't come by here as much as I would like!! Since I have started back school, I have been much busier, but I always love coming to your blog!! I hope everything's ok!! I didn't see my blog on your sidebar anymore!! I would love to feature you this Monday on my blog hop if you would like!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by! i love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥