8.02.2010

please pray...

i was on phone with my dad few minutes ago and got a devastating news. a landslide (at my hometown) took the life of one of my beautiful twin cousin sisters while they were on a play date with their friends. i last saw them three years back. it breaks my heart to know that i'm never going to see them both together again.  i don't understand why but i do know one thing...
...the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. -Job 1:21. 

God can't make a mistake can He? He has a plan and knows what He's doing.

i'm here to ask  prayers from y'all my dear friends. i covet your prayers for the family. especially the mother and the twin sister she left behind. they are crying inconsolably and cannot be calmed. the father isn't well too. he's been on medication for some time and have series of doctor's appointments. we need the comfort of the Holy Spirit. 

it breaks my heart to think of the little girl caught and buried under the soil. how long did she struggle till she gave up fighting? i think of how she must have fought for breath, wanting to cry out and call out for her mama and papa.its even harder when you are away from home. and i cannot help but grieve and mourn at this point.

but i'm so thankful i have a friend in ya'll i can share this burden with!

36 comments:

  1. oh how terrible... i'm so sorry hon. will be praying much for you and the family.please take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear..thats so very sad to hear... please let them know that we are praying for them and praying for you sweetheart.

    Love and hugs
    Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthie honey...i'm so sorry to hear this. i'm here praying for you and your family. will certainly that the comfort of the Holy Spirit will come upon the twin and the mother. oh hon i'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8/02/2010

    oh dear, i'm sorry to hear this. will be praying much for ya and your family. may the comfort from above sweep over you all. it must be very hard for you!

    Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8/02/2010

    Ruth, I am so very sorry about this sad news. As blog friends, we are blessed to be able to share both the sad and the happy times with one another. You and your family will be in my heart and prayers during this difficult time. May God give all of you peace that only He can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh ((((Ruth)))),

    I'm praying for you and your family. :(

    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh darling... what a sad sad news.I'm so sorry. i'm praying for you and your family.

    Love and hugs,
    Citz

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm sorry to hear about the loss of your cousin. and you are correct that God doesn't make mistakes. i will keep the family in my prayers. on another note, i wanted to say thank you for coming by my blog and for your comment. had you not left one i would not have come across your blog. now following. happy to meet you and looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol! i'm already a follower! so hard to keep track of everyone i follow. have a loveLee day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my dear friend, my heart is breaking or you and your family! Know that extra prayers are going out from me that your family finds the strength to move forward - and be at peace.

    God works inn mysterious ways, and though his reasoning may not make sense to us ... we must keep faith and believe. Blessings ..HHL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Words seem very inadequate right now. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May God wrap you in His arms and bring you the comfort you need. (Psalm 34:18)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm praying for comfort. I love my dad in an accident in January, and it's so, so hard to stay positive during such times of loss and tragedy. Your wntire family is in my prayers. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. With you in prayer. <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Ruth, I'm so sorry, this is heartbreaking. I'm with you in prayer and thoughts...

    Jinnia

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry for your loss! My heart breaks for you and for family.. God works in mysterious ways, but I do believe he has a plan, makes no mistakes, and always turns something horrible into something that will bless others - whether its a better appreciation for life or what not. You are in my prayers along with the rest of your family. If you need anything, just ask!

    www.life-itssomethingbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Ruth, I am so sorry. Sending lots of prayers and hugs to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ruth, I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Ruth! I am sooo very sorry! Please know I bear this burden with you, mourning and praying with and for you and yours! May you and your family feel the Presence of the Lord and HIS Comfort as only HE can truly bring each of you through this. HE alone knows the pain and sorrow.

    Bless you my sweet friend. Sending you love and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet Ruth,

    I'm trying my best to type between the tears. I am so deeply sorry for this loss. I am a mother myself, and I cannot imagine how deep the pain must be for your little late cousin's parents. I am lifting prayers up for them, their other daughter, for you, and the rest of your family right now. I will continue to keep everyone in prayer over the next few days.

    I pray for His peace and comfort, and that God will somehow be glorified through all of this. Death is such a hard part of life--it is confusing and painful. I know I struggled for such a long time after losing my mother, but God is GOOD and He WILL help you all through this. He is forever faithful.

    If there is any other specific requests we can lift up on behalf of your family, please let us know.

    So, so much love to you all right now.
    Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, Ruth, I am so sorry that this happened! Please know that you have my prayers! We may not always understand why, but we know that God is in control. I want you to know that God did not take the life of that precious child; God does only good, not evil. The devil did it; his purpose is to steal, kill, and to destroy, remember? Job said that the Lord gave and the Lord took away in a moment of desperation, when all was going wrong. I hope I don't offend you by this; I just want you to know that God is not so heartless as to do bad things; He is not to blame for all the troubles in the world. Sin is the problem, Satan is the problem; but God is not. I hope that at least consoles you a little. God is in control, but that doesn't mean that He allows everything that happens. God is good and He is full of everything good. He cares about your cousin and her family, and He will be there to comfort them and to comfort you, as well.

    "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,
    who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God." ~ 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

    Hugs!

    "The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace." ~ Numbers 6:24-26

    ~ Miss S.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry for your loss Ruth. May God bestow you and the rest of the family with strength in such devastating time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous8/03/2010

    I am following you now from Admirer Monday.
    Andria
    www.andrialake.blogspot.com

    Sorry to read the news, I am praying.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous8/03/2010

    I'm so sorry for your loss - y'all are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Tragic news. I'm very sorry. I'll be praying too.
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Praying now.....God's blessings too you. Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ruth, Im so sorry to hear this. This is so devastating for you and your family. I will be praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Father, I pray that you will be the source of comfort to this family during this time of loss. We know Heavenly Father that earthly goodbyes are so hard but have Your promise that the heavenly hellos will be joyous. In Jesus name, Amen

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am so sorry. This is so sad. I am at a loss for words. I am praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow now that is devastation, so sad, praying for you and your family. Hugs and blessings, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  30. Praying for you!
    I am now following you on Google Friend.
    Quick Tattletails
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi, I just stumbled across your blog and wanted to let you know that I will be praying fervently for your family.

    maria trochelman

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh dear i am so sorry for your loss..may her soul rest in peace and you are in my prayers.

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ruth I will keep you and your whole family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  34. They as well as all your family are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh no. This is just so sad. I am so sorry I have not commented until now. I just saw this post. I haven't had internet access. I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are certainly in my thoughts and prayers.
    ~Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  36. Nice to meet you Ruth and you sure are an inspiration. I'm reading the above post and it seems something tragic happened. I hope all is ok. God bless. I'm from Mama's Nestwork (=

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by! i love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥