1.22.2011

trusting...

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; 
and lean not unto thine own understanding
~ Proverbs 3:5

i still miss my being at home with my parents
i miss going for a stroll on a country road
i miss the clear sky and the clean fresh air
i miss watching the sun set
it's difficult to clearly see 
and understand why
God placed me where i am now
but I'm learning to trust
and pray...

O that now i might decrease!
O that all i am might cease!
Let me into nothing fall!
Let my Lord be in all in all!

and while you are here
would you please say a prayer for me?
I have a 15 minutes white board Presentation for my promotion
on Monday.

Thanks for stopping by..
and thanks for praying...

Love,
Ruth

p.s: linking to Spiritual Sunday

31 comments:

  1. Hello Ruth, Yes He does lead us and we trust Him because in the long run, He knows the way better than we do.
    "He will never leave thee nor forsake thee." xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth:

    Good to see you posting again. Often we don't understand why God places us in certain places or situations, but He is working all things for our good and for His purposes.

    Praying for you.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. We too are far away from home and family but where the Lord leads that's where I'm content to be too Ruth.

    I'll keep you in prayer for Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruth, I will pray for you today. You will be blessed for following God's call.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you are back blogging again Ruth...i have missed you....i know you miss your family very much....God bless you for all you do.....and thank you for being such a wonderful encourager over at my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1/23/2011

    I ask right now Lord God for you to shower Ruth with your Blessings in Jesus name! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pray that God will send his Angels of Communication to stand by your side and guide you during your presentation.

    Being or going where we find ourselves, is all part of the journey we are on and part of the plan He has for each of us...may we all keep the faith and believe in a better tomorrow...xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, poor homesick heart! He will comfort
    you and send His Spirit to bring you peace.

    i pray that He will also anoint you to make
    the best white board presentation ever.
    no fear, in Jesus' name!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Ruth, I would be happy to pray for you. My kids are in their 20's too, with many changes ahead for them. And, at any age we wonder sometimes why God has brought us to the place we are in. TRUST. That's what He asks us to do. And He is trustworthy. Praying for your presentation on Monday too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1/23/2011

    Ruth,

    Hey there young lady! It's been awhile since I have been over here to visit you.

    At any rate, I pray that you will do well on your presentation, and that you don't get too nervous. May the Lord "heal" your "anxious butterflies."

    Blessings to you,

    -Lady Rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your words remind me of the book of Esther that says "for such a time as this". God has you where He wants you just for that reason.
    In His Love...Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being away from home is never easy, but God has a plan for your life. Trust in Him. I am lifting you up in prayer this weekend. Best of luck on your presentation. I know you will do fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ruth, I'm praying for you. I know you will do great on your presentation.

    It is difficult being away from family and we don't always understand His ways but know that he has a plan for you.
    Blessings,
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for you, Dear

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous1/23/2011

    You are in my prayers. My grandma always told me to "Grow where I was planted" because my husband was in the military and we moved a lot and those words always comforted me. Have a blessed Sunday and a great presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI Ruth..I'm so glad you'e back and posting again. I understand you missing being home with your parents. The pictues of those mountains were so beautiful...there and I am praying for your meeting....Have a great Sonday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will pray for you. Your scripture is perfect.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, Ruth. May all go well for you on your presentation.

    Have a beautiful week ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dearest Ruth,
    Ooh... I understand the pain of being away from parents and a place we call home filled with warm memories and all things familiar. I hope you have a chance to be reunited with your parents again, soon. And I wish you well on your promotion presentation. Keeping you close in prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by. I'll say a lil' prayer for you too! Tara from undeserving grace

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Ruth,
    I just came over to say "hi" and let you know that I am thinking about you...and I will pray for a wonderful presentation for you tomorrow!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  22. Many prayers are with you, Ruth, including mine. It isn't always easy to know what God is doing in our lives. Sometimes it is years later that we can see why we were where we were at a certain time.
    Thank you for sharing your heart with us.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stopped by to say thank you for coming to my blog and commenting and you blessed me SO MUCH with this post!

    Oh how hard it is to totally trust, yet when we do how SWEET the blessing! How I wish I could do so with much more ease and not be so much like an Isrealite, forgetting His previous blessings.

    I said a prayer for you. Hope Monday goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. New follower- Saying prayers.

    All my best,

    Clay

    http://tantrumstroublesandtreasures.blogspot.com/2011/01/is-it-ok-to-lie-to-my-kids.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Ruth, wonderful post and yes, I will say a prayer for you! Nan

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous1/24/2011

    Good luck tomorrow, Ruth - I bet you will do great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful Sunny Image Sis..And precious poem!!!
    Blessings and love from our Sweet LORD above~~~Hugs Dena

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amen Ruth. Am trusting. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Ruth. I kwow you miss your Family. It is so hard to be so far away from them. Im praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Ruth,

    Lord Jesus, lead Ruth along her way, guide her in all she thinks, says, and does. Give her the peace needed along her journey. Thank You Lord for being the God who loves and cares.

    Sending you blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  31. So hard to be away from family, the familiar, the fun. Trust God will send you some new family in the place your are now. They won't take the place of yours, but they do bring the comfort of knowing we are important.

    I'm praying for your presentation!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by! i love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥