11.06.2010

A Song In The Night

This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope. 
It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, 
because his compassions fail not. 
They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. 
~ Lamentations 3:21-23

there are thousands of amazing artists 
but none as perfect as my God!
i love the divine sight of an evening sky...
a day has ended well by His grace.
i feel a strong assurance deep within, 
of a beautiful tomorrow.
thank you Lord!!
The early morning dew glistens adorning 
the tapestry of God's garden. 
Dawn gracefully spreads her wings 
and with joy declares His loving kindness. 
The rising sun smiles upon the earth, 
radiantly shining forth God's glory. 
Nature humbly genuflects honoring 
the Creator and His Righteousness. 

Daylight exhibits exquisite paintings 
of the heavens and the earth. 
Shades of colors unmatched by man, 
uniquely designed by God's loving hand. 
A picturesque view, beautiful to behold by those 
who have eyes to see royalty displayed, 
Evidence of God's perfect love 
with excellencies so grand. 

A candle-like glow of the setting sun portrays 
God's majestic handiworks. 
Brilliant spectrums softly brush the sky, 
filling our hearts with breathless delight. 
The daytime slowly dissipates, 
glittering stars and moon now earth's light, 
And while the dawn peacefully sleeps, 
God becomes our sweet song in the night. 
~ Christine V. Cole

Linking to Spiritual Sunday. Please come visit Spiritual Sunday for many inspiring posts by inspiring people.
Have a great weekend!!

Love,
Ruth

48 comments:

  1. hi ruth!

    i'm glad you came back, because i tried
    the 'citadel' and was stymied. :)

    this is such a beautiful post. i love the
    Lord's handiwork!

    i have been praying for your sister in law
    and hope she is doing well.

    blessings,
    lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11/06/2010

    Hi Ruth, What a lovely post this evening. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture you shared here and the beautiful words beneath it! Have a wonderful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful post with a lovely thought. Thanks always for sharing such wonderful soul feeding pieces with me. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful picture. Great verse. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely Ruth! God is the greatest artist and He puts on a show every day and night. We really need to take note of all the amazing gifts around us. Have a great weekend my friend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture Ruth ~ I can hear the crickets! Our God is amazing. Blessings xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous11/06/2010

    beautiful poem.. and i love the picture. Have a good weekend Ruth.
    ~Ankur

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ruth...I don't think I ever really looked at that particular Bible verse. Thank you for sharing. It really touched my heart and soul today. :o)

    PS...I linked up to Spiritual Sunday. I'm happy to find it. Thanks for sharing. Happy Saturday! :o)
    Larri at Seams Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!This is such a beautiful post. I love looking at all the beautiful things that God created. I even changed where I park at work so I can start and finish my day by looking at least 40 miles out.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Ruth...this is beautiful. My oldest is writing an essay igniting your creative brain and her and I were talking exactly about what you posted here. Have a great weekend. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you all for coming by. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  13. G'morn Ruth ~
    Take my breath away with this beautiful write.

    Have a lovely PS ~
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ruth,
    This is so beautiful! And I love the letters to God from the children--they are amazing!!! I can't even believe what goes through their heads...It's such a wonderful post!
    Wishing you a beautiful weekend!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S. That letter about how the little boy wants the other kid sent to a different summer camp is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. G'morn sweet Marydon, thank you for coming by. Have a beautiful Sunday..:)

    Cindy, thank you so much for stopping by... hope you have a blessed weekend too...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful post. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  18. JBR, you are quite welcome... thank you for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good Morning Ruth Sweetie...
    What a beautiful share today sweet friend. As always you have outdone the last. You just get better with each one.

    Thank you for blessing me and sharing with me today. I have so enjoyed my visit.

    Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a beautiful poem. Thanks for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sherry and Joan, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful post Ruth, thank you so much for sharing and brightening everyone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Ruth,

    Thank you for sharing the photo and poem. I especially found these words inspiring:

    "Dawn gracefully spreads her wings
    and with joy declares His loving kindness.
    The rising sun smiles upon the earth,
    radiantly shining forth God's glory.
    "

    Blessings and peace.

    MTJ

    ReplyDelete
  24. So Beautiful Ruth. What a wonderful post!

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous11/07/2010

    Ruth,
    Isn't this the truth?!
    His creation is such a confirmation and demonstration of His glory and power and goodness and love!
    This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful poem, and it reminded me of the sky this evening as we were driving. The sunset was so beautiful - in every direction the sky was painted with big swatches of pink. It was like a giant panorama. Thank you for sharing this inspiring post.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  27. What is as beautiful as sunrise over a lake or the ocean? Thank you for this photo and poem. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. thanks everybody... this one touches my heart every time i read it. glad you all like it too. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Truly a beautiful post. Thank you so much for sharing. Oh, yes, He is my sweet song in the night as well as in the daylight too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is so beautiful, Dear, thanks so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ruth, Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem and photo. I enjoyed the letters from the children as well. They are always so open and honest.
    Blessings,Annette

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Ruth, I am very fond of this verse. What a comfort for us.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ruth that was lovely with such a beautiful photo - that verse of scripture means so much to me. I love to sing the hymn Great is Thy Faithfulness.

    I've taken a note of this poem it is so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Michelle, you are right He is our sweet song in the night as well as in the daylight...;)

    Thank you all for coming by and reading... Michelle, Cathy, Annette, Marsha, LnB...

    Blessings...!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This picture goes so perfectly with each stanza on is own even thought it is taking us through the cycle of the day. He really is a creative God and all of nature really does declare His glory. Thanks for osting, and also for stopping by my corner. God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Anonymous11/07/2010

    Oh Ruth...this is breathtakingly beautiful. Thank you so very much for sharing this treasure with us.

    Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving your comment...

    Blessings in His Name,
    Lynn♥

    ReplyDelete
  37. Absolutely beautiful…
    Much Blessings,,
    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  38. Anonymous11/08/2010

    That is so lovely. Have a blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great verse! Beautiful poem! God's handiworks are absolutely wonders beyond words!

    I think you will enjoy what I posted today for Spiritual Sunday :).

    http://bornagainandblessed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful words Ruth..

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hello! I am a new follower...I see you use a KJV Bible?!?!? That is soooo great! That is all I use as well. I am always so excited to link up with bloggers who share the love of God...so wonderful. Anywho...come follow me sometime! Thanks so much.

    http://couponsandfreebiesforyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  42. Have a great week Ruth! I hope your sister in law is doing better my friend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  43. Awesome poem about our AWESOME God!!! Soooo very inspiring and you're such a blessing to my heart Ruth... You make soooo amny of us smile and I thank God for You!!!
    Thanks for my notes Sweetie..
    Happy to be visiting others with there hearts for Jesus on this beautiful Spiritual Sunday...
    Blessings to you and yours as you trust in The Holy God Almighty...
    Hugs Dena

    ReplyDelete
  44. Ruth, came back for another read. Blessings to you this day.

    ReplyDelete
  45. This was beautiful. I often post photos of the sky too, a constant reminder of God's handiwork.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Ruth, this was a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing this poem and exquisite picture.

    Thanks also for your ever so kind comments on my blog. I'm grateful.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by! i love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥