11.08.2010

Gingerbread Season ~ Review & Giveaway

Betsy St. Amant was so gracious to send me her latest release The Ginger Bread Season so i could read and review. I won one of her books Rodeo Sweetheart on a book giveaway. I had enjoyed reading the book so much that i began anticipating the release of her new book Gingerbread Season, since the day i finished reading Rodeo Sweetheart.

And now that i have read it, i thought i would post my review and give away a copy to one of you... the book is signed by the author herself. it is special....

THE BOOK:
Allie James returns to her hometown in need of a holiday job. Never did she expect old boyfriend Jordan Walker to hire her as his secretary! Years ago Jordan shredded her heart like wrapping paper. Now he must convince Allie that all he wants for Christmas is her love.

MY REVIEW
Allie James fled from Ginger Falls to Kansas City after a tearful seperation with her boyfreind Jordan Walker. She devoted several years learning the inner workings of the business,in hope of starting her own store one day. However, as the book store she worked for went under, she finds herself back at Ginger Falls, in search of a part time job. She is reunited with Jordan Walker after ten years, for a common cause...to revitalize Ginger Falls.

Will Allie be able to forgive Jordan? And what about Jordan? Will he be able to earn Allie's pardon... and win her heart back?

The Gingerbread Season is the second story in the Christmas novel, Mistletoe Prayers. I love the small town cozy settings of the plot... and thoroughly enjoyed the characters... the lovely festive ideas.  This is certainly a heart warming story... one that will make you want for more and wish the story was a little more longer... a perfect read for the season... and would make an absolutely perfect Christmas gift as well..:)


The AUTHOR
Betsy St. Amant lives in Louisiana and is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers group. Betsy is multi-published through Steeple Hill and has been published in Christian Communicator magazine and Praise Reports: Inspiring Real Life Stories of How God Answers Prayer. One of her short stories, ‘Kickboxing or Chocolate’, appears in a Tyndale compilation book, and she is also multi-published through The Wild Rose Press. She has a BA in Christian Communications and regularly freelances for her local newspaper. Betsy is a fireman’s wife, a mommy to a busy toddler, a chocolate-loving author and an avid reader who enjoys sharing the wonders of God’s grace through her stories.

You can visit her at her BLOG and her WEBSITE


GIVEAWAY:
To win  a copy of this book, please leave a comment on this post.

*  you get two entries if you follow or are a follower ( pls leave another comment). those without a blog can leave an email address so i can contact you.

** the winner will be announced on November 20.

Good Luck!!

p.s: you can also buy the book here

29 comments:

  1. hey!!!

    i guess that new year is going to bring lot of book reading ..Hubby gave me 5-6 books and now have a give away..
    I hope i win this :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth...thanks for the review. sure sounds interesting... like one i'd definitely love to read..besides, autographed by the author.. wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd love to win this.

    citadelhere@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i follow this blog...:)

    citadelhere@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks like a wonderful book, and you
    are an excellent reviewer! i am a follower,
    though for some reason it says i am 'shelby
    rice', my daughter. :)

    please don't put my name in the giveaway.
    i just wanted you to know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book sounds wonderful ...and your review is fantastic... I can feel how much you enjoyed it through your words!! yes, I am a devote follower .. xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  8. sis it sounds awesome.i wud lov 2 read it..hopin 4 encouragement.its bin so long since i read a novel last summer.longing 4 one.well i dont see ny possibility of getin d book..bt thnks 4 sharing.i wud sumhow hop i get 2 read such a sweet story abt love n 4givnes..1c again thnk7 4 d review.my mail jennifersinghdev@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11/09/2010

    Thanks for letting me know about the giveaway. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. n yeah i do follow ur blog..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ruth, you know I'm a follower (love the new picture, btw!).

    xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  12. yeah i am a follower..:D

    ReplyDelete
  13. enter me.... i would love to win this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Ruth.. this is cool! Please enter me too... sounds like a great book. love to read it...:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This book sounds wonderful and one that I would enjoy. I'm looking for new books to read. I think I'll read the first one! I've never heard of this series, but am quite interested in reading both books. Thanks for sharing your review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful idea Ruth...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, it sounds great!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a good book to read. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, Ruth, this book sounds just like something I would love to read!!!

    Thanks for all of your lovely comments on my blog. I'm catching up on yours now!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ruth, thank you for your encouraging words to me on my blog. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like a great book! Thanks for the review and chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This sounds like a really good book; would love to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a follower of your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Would love to win this book. It sounds wonderful.
    Hugs & blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  25. Count me in! Tanx :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. also I am a follower :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for stopping by! i love your comments...they always make me SMILE..:)Bless you!! ♥