Don't tell God how big your problems are,
tell your problems how big God is!
I was on phone with my mom for almost an hour today.
Out of an hour long conversation,
my mom had shared with me problems after problems
that my family and families of loved ones are facing -
financial crisis, broken relationships etc etc...
They all seem like gigantic mountains.
Long after the conversation was done,
after having tried to encourage her in as much as I could,
I was thinking of ways I could help.
But I felt so little, so helpless.
I was reminded of the song,
Out of an hour long conversation,
my mom had shared with me problems after problems
that my family and families of loved ones are facing -
financial crisis, broken relationships etc etc...
They all seem like gigantic mountains.
Long after the conversation was done,
after having tried to encourage her in as much as I could,
I was thinking of ways I could help.
But I felt so little, so helpless.
I was reminded of the song,
My God is so big, so strong and so mighty
There's nothing my God cannot do
The mountains are His
The valleys are His
The stars are His handy works too
My God is so big, so strong and so mighty
God will never run out of ways to reach out to us
when He knows we need Him
He knows us through and through
how awesome!!
I am declaring...
Some trust in chariots, and some in horses:
but I (we) will trust (remember) the name of the LORD our God.
~ Psalm 20:7
Would you please join me in lifting up parents to the throne of grace?
That these mountains be moved, if it is God's will, in His good time?
That my parents have the strength to remain strong in the Lord and keep the faith while God is at work?
Thank you!
That these mountains be moved, if it is God's will, in His good time?
That my parents have the strength to remain strong in the Lord and keep the faith while God is at work?
Thank you!
Love,
Ruth

Hi Ruth, I haven't thought of that song in so long, but the words and tune came right back to me. Thank you, I will teach that to my grandson, because He is mighty. I just said a prayer for your family and mine as well. Parenting is a struggle, but our God is so big!
ReplyDeleteAmen, girl, and don't you forget it. Here's a journey, like your own through AA, which has made me realize just how mortal I am and how I -must- have Jesus to see what a sinfull mortal I am, but when our finite existence is finished, we go Upstairs if we have accepted God. Not exactly like your parenting, yet, in maaany ways the same. Take a lookit...
ReplyDeleteYou're a writer? Kinda, sorta? Me, too. Kinda, sorta. I know for a fact, however, you gotta whole lotta intelligence behind those two ears, girl; thus, I wanna give you my finite existence: to intrinsically value the Great Beyond which I’ve learned to appreciate, to visualize the fundamental reality of infinity is why I‘m here for a teeny-weeny amount of time. Looky here...
Precisely why I had our ‘philanthropic + epiphany’ (=so much to give + vision): wanna see a perfectly cognizant, fully-spectacular, Son-ripened-Heaven?? … yet, I’m not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like: meet this advanced, bombastic, ex-mortal Upstairs for the most extra-groovy-paradox, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué-passion you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. Cya soon, girl…